C&R's 9th Annual Crawfish Cookoff
C&R’s Bar and Grill’s 9th Annual Crawfish Cook-Off will be held on Saturday, April 9th from 11:00-4:30 on Coleman Avenue.
Team entry is $150 and C&R provides the teams with sacks of crawfish. Prize money of $500 and $250 will be awarded to the champion and runner-up teams, respectively. Trophies will be given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams, as well as to the People’s Choice, Most Unique, and Edible Lagniappe items.
In addition, you can have your business name displayed at the event by sponsoring a sack of crawfish. Teams and sponsorships are limited for this event so call 228.493.9922 today to secure your spot.
What's Up, Waveland
Waveland Sidewalk Update
The Waveland Avenue Sidewalks Improvement Project is using federal funds, which require additional review. This causes a project to move at a slower pace than a self-funded project. Waveland will contribute $316,000 to the project, but we will get over $1.5 million’s worth of sidewalks. This is going to be a wonderful project at a great price, but it is going to be a little while before it is complete. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will the Waveland Avenue sidewalks. Just know the wait will be worth it.
Planning for additional sidewalks and making Waveland a more pedestrian-friendly community is in the works.
Join Team Waveland in supporting Relay for Life
• April 7: Mark your calendars to enjoy Domino’s pizza for lunch or supper! When you order a pizza on April 7 and mention Team Waveland, Domino’s gives 20% of proceeds to the Team. The participating locations are: Bay St Louis, 228-467-2020; Diamondhead, 228-255-0001; Long Beach, 228-864-1111; Gulfport Pass Road, 228-868-6061; Gulfport 25th Avenue, 228-575-3434; and Gulfport Orange Grove, 228-831-3030. The team appreciates your help.
• April 9: Come out to the 3rd annual garage sale for Relay. This is one of our best fundraisers every year, and we are looking forward to seeing you there. It will be held again at the Highway 90 Fire Station from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Please check out the Team Waveland Relay for Life 2016 Facebook page for three furniture pieces that we are selling! If you are doing spring cleaning, we can help take those unwanted items off your hands. You can either bring them to the Fire Station on Highway 90 (back shed), contact Bernie Cullen at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a message at Waveland City Hall, 467-4134, and we can make arrangements for pickup!
• April 30: Relay Day! This year the event will be back at the Hancock County Walking Track in front of Hancock Medical Center. So come on out on April 30 from 10 a.m.-10 p.m. and enjoy food, music, and activities while supporting the fight against cancer.
• All of April: Team Waveland will be selling raffle tickets for our Family Fun Basket!
A sample of the items in our basket are: VIP parking pass for Waveland’s 2016 Trunk or Treat and Festival of Lights along with a parking pass for 2017 Nereids parade and St. Patrick’s parade, 4 tickets to see “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown” at the Bay St. Louis Little Theatre, games, movies, and microwave popcorn. That’s just to get your interest! Individual tickets are $5, or 5 for $20. Tickets are available now during business hours at City Hall (see co-captain, April Chevis) and on Relay Day.
• Please considering joining our team. You can sign up, make donations, buy luminaries/sky lanterns/tiki torches or education signs. Go to relayforlife.org/hancockms.
Thanks to all who support our efforts!