List of Calendars to Check first of month and mid-month
- The Shoofly Facebook Page. Look under events. We'll be co-hosting several events with some of our sponsors. Check to make sure they're all listed.
- Hancock Chamber: https://hancockcomscoc.weblinkconnect.com/events
- Hancock Tourism: https://playonthebay.org/festivals-events/
- Silver Slipper: Beach Bar and Stage Bar. They usually post entertainment around the end of one month for the upcoming one. Most of the time, we'll already have the photos of the bands in our calendar library, do a search first! https://silverslipper-ms.com/entertainment/
- Hollywood Casino: https://www.hollywoodgulfcoast.com/entertainment
- Seacoast Echo calendar: https://www.seacoastecho.com/calendar/ Not usually much there, but also check their home page. They'll run stories on stuff that no one contacts us about. Makes me crazy.
- 100 Men Hall Calendar: https://the100menhall.com/pages/calendar
- Pass Books Upcoming Events: https://www.passbooksonline.com/upcoming-events
- Hancock Library System: https://www.calendarwiz.com/calendars/calendar.php?crd=hclscalendar& They're supposed to be submitting their own events to our calendar, but rarely do.
- Facebook: go to "Events" and enter Bay St. Louis as the city of location (afterward, Waveland and Diamondhead too). Hit "This Week" first and then "Next Week."
- Check RSVP calendar in their monthly newsletter when applicable. Also Friends of the Animal Shelter Newsletter, they rarely submit events.
Calendar Manager Weekly Checklist
Upcoming Events Updates: Sun., Monday or Tuesday (LATEST!)
- Choose the most important five or six from the list you made on previous Thursday when working on Calendar and add them to Upcoming.
- Remove or move past events.
- Check calendar only to approve submitted events.
- Save up any events you come across that belong on calendar for Thursday.
Calendar Updates: Wednesday or Thursday night (latest):
- Check your list of links above for events to add
- add submitted events
- check local bars' Facebook pages for weekend music to add
- make list of events that will be added to Upcoming next week and beyond (keep a running list, you’ll add five or six a week normally, take off five or six, Xmas is the exception, it gets crazy).
- Add only EMERGENCY events we missed for the upcoming weekend to Upcoming page.
- Delete any repeating events that are scheduled for holidays. Check to see if they've been moved.