Tap on any of the titles below for complete info!
Who We Reach:
- Currently (Summer 2021), the Shoofly Magazine has 4,500+ subscribers, with more coming on board each month. Stats also show 18,000 - 35,000 page views each month (depending on season).
- Statistics show that our readers linger on the site because of our quality mobile-friendly content. Many of our stories average 5 - 6 minute viewings. That's an eternity in the internet world. Readers also love to share our quality, positive content on social media.
- We have a robust presence on Facebook (10,000+ followers) and Instagram (1800 followers+), posting several times a week on both. Our posts reach tens of thousands each month.
- More than 50% of our readers are from out of area - with high concentrations in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Jackson and Houston. While extremely popular and branded with the local audience, the Shoofly Magazine has a loyal and large following of expats, second-home owners (and those who want to be) and prospective full-time residents - as well as regular visitors to the coast. So if your business would like to make a positive impression on people moving into the Bay-Waveland area, the Shoofly is the place to be!
What We Offer:
- We publish new stories in the magazine each week, announcing them to our subscribers with a weekly email newsletter. The newsletter goes out 46 weeks a year and many of our subscribers forward it on to friends, family and clients. Click here for a sample.
- Dynamic features like our Big Buzz blog, our amazing Community Calendar (the most comprehensive on the Mississippi coast) and our popular Upcoming Events page (updated weekly) have made us the Hancock County touchstone for current events and positive news.
- Our top-notch writers and photographers produce work readers love to share and share again. This rich, original content gives Shoofly Magazine pieces fantastic SEO rankings (our articles tend to come up toward the top in online searches).
- Our Local Living section provides a one-stop-shop for everything Bay-Waveland, making it a indispensable resource for locals and tourists alike.
Kudos from Sponsors
- Myrna Green, director, Hancock County Tourism: The Shoofly Magazine has been a tremendous asset to our tourism efforts. It’s a wonderful resource that our office relies on to provide our visitors with an in-depth look at Hancock County. The relationship we have forged is a prime example of a working tourism partnership in action!
- Brehm Bell, Attorney: I am a sponsor and a regular reader of The Shoofly Magazine. I have enjoyed my sponsorship and feel it's been a good fit for my business. Many friends also read the Shoofly to keep up with what is going on in our community. It is a great asset and one which I am proud to sponsor.
- Linda Keenan, owner California Drawstrings, NOLA/BSL locations: Our California Drawstrings location in Bay St. Louis has been a sponsor of the Shoofly Magazine since it began. It's great exposure, and we like being associated with something that's become so popular. The fact that the sponsorships are limited in number makes ours a prized commodity!
- Jenise McCardell, owner Clay Creations and Gallery 220: We've been a Shoofly sponsor from the very beginning. Bay St. Louis has such a fun, friendly and diverse mixture of cultures, ideas and creativity and the Shoofly gives our community the attention and recognition it deserves. We look forward to continuing to partner up and ensure the continued success of such an informative news outlet that really benefits our local shops and establishments.
- Steve Barney, owner of Bay Creative Arts Center, president of The Arts, Hancock County, and Shoofly arts writer: The Shoofly Magazine is the social media influencer for Hancock County and is helping build our brand online through a growing audience of subscribers. In addition, Ellis and her team are deeply involved with the community, partnering with The Arts on projects including the planning, promotion and production of our major events. As a sponsor and community partner, we’re all in with the Shoofly Magazine and Ellis Anderson Media.
- Cynthia Chauvin, director CASA, Hancock County: CASA of Hancock County deeply appreciates its relationship with the Shoofly. Whether its promoting our local nonprofits' fundraisers or even highlighting one of our CASA volunteers or board members, the publication has a deep commitment to showcasing our local community. CASA considers The Shoofly Magazine an incredible community partner! (Note: CASA is not a magazine sponsor, but partners with the Shoofly on many community projects)
- Rachel Dangermond, 100 Men Hall: The Shoofly Magazine helped us launch the re-opening of the 100 Men Hall and continues to be the backbone of our marketing plan. Its digital footprint is outstanding, and it provides the kind of support a fledgling business such as ours needs. The Shoofly’s coverage of Bay Saint Louis is the antidote to the demise of dailies everywhere across the country. It provides thoughtful journalism and vibrant photography well-honed on the local. We are avid sponsors, readers, and supporters of its mission.
How We're Different:
While we sell some traditional ads, the Shoofly Magazine is supported mainly through annual sponsorships - just like your favorite local sports teams, festivals or museums. Sponsorships build your brand and connect your business with something beloved by your community. It's a win-win for everyone.
While the size and demographics of our readership alone makes your sponsorship an amazing advertising value, we also limit the number of annual sponsors. This exponentially increases the impact of your sponsorship, so yours will be a stand-out.
There are three types of annual sponsorships, available to businesses and individuals:
- Prime Sponsors - $125 a month: these are limited to 24, representing a broad spectrum of businesses. See details below.
- Column Sponsors - $75 a month: column sponsorships are limited to one per page (with the exception of a few pages). See details below.
- Page Sponsors: Our Local Living section pages also offer sponsorships, one per page. Contact us for details.
It's easy to get started!
Simply email us and let us know what kind of sponsorship you're interested in. We'll let you know what's available and send you a sponsorship agreement. We can usually have you added to our site in 24 hours!
Prime Sponorships ($125 a month) include:
- Your logo linked to your website (webpage) is prominently featured on home page. Logos are rotated each month so that the ones on the bottom are placed in the top, etc.
- Your logo linked to your website (webpage) appears on every story page. Also, when you become a Prime Sponsor, your logo appears on hundreds of stories in our vast archives. Of course, the number of pages increases with every issue, accruing additional value.
- Your live-link logo and a 50-character description of your business are featured on the Sponsors page.
- Your logo also appears on footer of every page, even archived issues and current articles.
- In each monthly issue, a prime sponsor receives a full write-up featured in the magazine. 12 prime sponsors are spotlighted each year (so you'll be featured every 24 months). The articles and photographs can be used to promote your business on your website, etc.
- Sponsorship rates are guaranteed for one year.
Column Sponsorships ($75 a month) include:
- Your logo linked to your website (webpage) is embedded in "your" column.
- Links to your website are prominently featured on our home page, in the description for each article.
- Every bi-monthly lifestyle column you sponsor goes into our very popular archives, so the value of your sponsorship accrues automatically with each issue.
- Your live-link logo and a business description are featured on the Sponsors page.
- Your business name and link to your website also appears on footer of every page, even archived issues and current articles.
- Sponsorship rates are guaranteed for one year.
Still have questions? Email us!