What We Bring
I write in gratitude for my life as a dog, and for the great joy that I bring to my human companion. I believe that the bond we share is a bond for life. Devotion and loyalty are primary bonds that we have with our humans. Cats and dogs, parrots and ferrets, horses and hamsters; the species does not matter. Between us and you humans there is something sacred going on. For the past 14,000 years with dogs and at least 7,000 years with cats there has been a partnership of emotional bonding.
- The warmth of companionship: Our friendly faces greet you at the door when you come home and we are always happy to hear about your day.
- The power of love: Our love is unconditional and always.
- The strength of hope: Even a simple cuddle with a warm bundle of fur can make a huge difference.
- The weight of sorrow: Made easier to bear by sharing it with a gentle companion.
- The joy of playfulness: To bring out the child in you
- The spirit of connection: We share the same need to be loved and wanted.
I’ll be covering local pet-included events and reporting back to you. I will be looking for: Pet friendly hotels, restaurants that have outdoor seating & menus for the 4-legged diners, pet sitters, shopping suggestions for food, clothing, toys, etc., veterinary care, profiles of local animal residents, books and magazines to read, special events, dog on the street interviews, stories about kids and their pets and just living and loving being here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
To communicate with you at other times in the month I have created a blog which I'll be populating with information and other details. This is my first blog so bear with me. Your input and ideas will be greatly appreciated.
I look forward to hearing from you and writing about the human pet companion bond.
Keep your feet dry and your tail high.